The mission of the Parent Guild is to support the school through our events and programs. We are a self-supporting organization, with fundraisers generating revenue for our activities.
Our primary fundraiser is our fall carnival, Scarborough Fair. We also raise funds through our Family Restaurant Night, Loyalty Marketing Programs, Spiritwear and Used Uniform Sales. The total of these funds is used to host the following events:
- Boo Hoo Breakfast
- Scarborough Fair
- Breakfast with Santa
- Book Fair
- Father Daughter Dance
- Grandparents and Friends Day
- Field Day
- Hospitality at school-wide events
The Parent Guild is also responsible the following year-round activities:
- Dads & Donuts – Bi-Monthly breakfast with Dad at St. Mark’s before school
- Mornings with Mom – Held during May, a breakfast with Mom at St. Mark’s before school
- Faculty & Staff Appreciation – Quarterly breakfasts, lunches and monthly treats
- Family Restaurant Nights – Monthly fundraisers and fellowship at local restaurants
- Helping Hands – Assist teachers in cutting, tracing and coloring projects
- Parent Education – Book clubs and events focused on parenting topics
- Spiritwear – Purchase St. Mark’s gear from the Lion’s Den Spiritwear Store each Friday morning
- Teacher Birthdays – Individual treats for each teacher
- Used Uniforms – Purchase gently worn uniform items
We support both Library Book Fairs and the Heritage Festival by coordinating volunteers.
We are a volunteer-driven group, so we rely on your creativity and talents to make our events as successful as possible. Thank you for your support!